HELP!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcw142

my hedgie Milo has been acting strange ever since I cleaned his cage/gave him a bath I'm not sure if his current problems have anything to do with that but maybe you can help me (or make me feel better!) :-(

well most importantly his one paw looks blistered, I'm not sure if it's from the heat or a scratch, but it doesn't look good. also-

he's not eating/drinking...only moving his food bowl around
he's not going to the bathroom
he's not running away during the night when I check on him (he usually hides if I even move but he stays put)
he keeps attempting to climb the corners of his home like he wants to get out

it almost looks as if he's blind, but he's not even a year old...he's not burrowing like he usually does and his nose seems to be in the air a lot more

I know I need to see a vet, but I just wanted to know if something similar has happened to anyone else. Thanks for your help and support I really appreciate it :)

okay I'm freaking myself out, I'm not 100% sure that he's NOT eating or drinking but still
and he's still active!

Given the blistered foot and change in behavior, I'd bring him into a vet.

Not eating or drinking is a huge problem.

Get yourself an appt ASAP. In the meanwhile, see if he'll take at least a bit of water via oral syringe and pop out his favorite treats... mealies, meat baby food, etc... I'd contemplate using some regular strength (NOT extra-strength nor pain-relief) neosporin on his foot if you have some at home.

I have an appointment Wednesday morning! I'm just so nervous, I soaked his foot a bit in diluted hydrogen peroxide. He's the pickiest hedgehog in the world and only eats like two things but I do have oral syringes and some baby food to give him if I notice his food bowl looking the same. Thanks for your help!

Back