Hi!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyjane94

Hi everyone, I'm Amy, pretty new to looking after chinnies. I have 1 at the moment, but I'm in talks with a local rescue for introducing a second chinny to my home and hopefully being able to bond them with my current one.

About me: I'm 23, live in the uk, I like video and board games, love all the cute fluffy creatures, I currently have 1 male chinchilla called Tom, and 2 female hamsters - Sooty and Sweet.

About Tom: I acquired Tom after his previous owner got too sick to look after him, he's a bit skittish, clever, very cheeky, and never wants playtime to end, so it's quite a challenge trying to put him back in his cage. He's roughly 2.5-3 years old, and has unfortunately had to move around a lot in the past due to changing owners so much but I have him now and he's mine forevermore :)

I've had him for around 2 months now, and things seem to be going well. I was able to take him for his first vets visit yesterday and found out that he's been a bit neglected in the past so one of his front teeth isn't so healthy, and that he's suffered some kind of face trauma and lost some of his back teeth when he was younger. :cry3:

Being a first time chinny owner I have loads of questions, but I'm hoping with everybody's advice on here I can make Tom's life awesome <3

P.S. Here's the link to a pic of him, as I've noticed attachments don't seem to work for people on other posts. https://imgur.com/3XtT9la

Back