Argh! Craigslist people!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can honestly say I have never seen a chin permanently housed in a small hamster cage like that. :/

If this person bought this little one and it is a month, I feel sad for it and mom. I'd hope the rancher didn't wean them that early.

Not only that but how long have they had him? They seriously didn't think things through if they are selling what shouldn't even be a weaned chin. They can't have had him more than a few days or so.

http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/pet/4090560839.html

$500 dropped at the petstore and he wants $300 back for a too low of cage full of plastic junk, ball of death, petstore junk food, and a standard grey. He got majorly taken for a ride. I told him I'd take the cage and chin for $150 (generous I think for a standard grey and what I'll have to do to the cage to make it half way suitable or replace it) and he can keep the rest.

I know of a breeder out here in Southern California that sells 4 week old kits and tells the buyer to bottle feed the baby. They claim that it makes the kit bond to the owner better than if they were to wait until the kit is weaned at 6 to 8 weeks old. I found out about it when people would come to buy a chin from me and they had visited the other breeder first. They ask me why I don't I do the same thing.

Wow I can't imagine sending a kit home that young. Chins don't bond lol. Its amazing what people will choose to believe.

This one astonishes me... http://austin.craigslist.org/mob/4878775811.html

$600 for "baby" grey chin and cage/toys/accessories. The cage looks like some kind of hamster cage (not very big).

What really baffles me are the posts where someone claims that chinchillas sell for $350 at petstores - I've never seen that locally, $129-159 seems to be the usual range.

I've bought a couple of ferret nations off Craigslist (I'm actually picking up another critter nation this afternoon) for fairly good prices, but I've passed up quite a few that were just way overpriced and I'm always baffled by people's claims... that it's a $300 cage, etc. Or the ones who want more than current retail for a cage that is completely nasty and rusted (and likely never cleaned). I guess people just assume everyone shopping on CL is as stupid as they were when they made the initial purchase.

This one astonishes me... http://austin.craigslist.org/mob/4878775811.html

$600 for "baby" grey chin and cage/toys/accessories. The cage looks like some kind of hamster cage (not very big).

What really baffles me are the posts where someone claims that chinchillas sell for $350 at petstores - I've never seen that locally, $129-159 seems to be the usual range.

I've bought a couple of ferret nations off Craigslist (I'm actually picking up another critter nation this afternoon) for fairly good prices, but I've passed up quite a few that were just way overpriced and I'm always baffled by people's claims... that it's a $300 cage, etc. Or the ones who want more than current retail for a cage that is completely nasty and rusted (and likely never cleaned). I guess people just assume everyone shopping on CL is as stupid as they were when they made the initial purchase.

Looks like the price of the chin & accessories has an iphone included.. Wth. It's an Apple Chinchilla bundle. Cute little chin.. I hope it finds a home.. And gets a bigger cage.

Why on earth would someone want a free iPhone with purchase of chinchilla?

Back