Lucy April 2006 - April 2010

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoriL

Today I helped my dear, sweet Lucy cross the rainbow bridge.

She has been sick for a couple of months with tumors by her front leg and bladder. We tried treatment, but decided to let her keep living her life as long as she seemed able without continued treatment. She allowed me to handle her, she was eating (but slowly losing weight), playing with her favorite toys, dragging her blankie about her cage and basically still had her little Lucy attitude if you dare changed anything.

I noticed on Friday morning that she started to take a bit of a turn for the worse and by this morning she had downward spiraled quite quickly.

My sweet Lucy. Not everyone understood your personality, but that is what made you so dear to me. We buried her with her favorite blankie and toy giraffe.

teasoak-1.jpg

wgiraffe-1.jpg

I remember your sweet little girl. You have always been so devoted to her. I remember when she was losing quills and you tried everything, including the soak in that first picture. You always worried when the girls had parties that Lucy would be upset. She had such a wonderful life with you. No one could have been loved and cared for more than Lucy.

Lori, I'm sorry to hear about Lucy. I don't think we ever get enough time to prepare for their passing.

Back