Greetings from Cooper and Co~!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zusa

Hi all!

It's been a long time since I've done forums. One of them that I was on for a long time ended up dissolving due to inactivity, but I'm still in touch with some of the members from there.

My name is Zusa, and I have a handsome little chinchilla named Cooper. He was gifted to a friend when she made a comment about how cute they were, and a person in her circle of friends thought it was a *great* idea to gift her one.

She had Cooper for a year, but due to her health, family life (mom of four busy babies) and personal preference (dogs) she decided to rehome him. She contacted me because she had seen me post pictures on facebook of my guinea pigs and thought he might do better with someone that has caged pets. I took him in since he was free to a good home and had ironically considered getting a chinchilla earlier that year. He's spoiled rotten and after a few months of having him, I've finally won him over! He's still hard to catch when I want to take him out of his cage, but he runs up to the side of cage I'm on when I call for him and lets me rub his chin and chest.

He's a standard gray, approximately 2 years old, maybe 3 at this point, and a standard gray. I've been told by many people that he's "rather small" for an adult chinchilla. I suspect this is because in his previous home he was fed a poor diet (cheap chinchilla food) and may have come from a backyard breeder.

Back