Another Sad Day...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaDi

You Have No Idea!
Not sure how much more of this I can take... I lost Jazzmyn through the night. For the last couple days she hadn't been eating a lot, but like all chins I figured it was a phase. My mom said that she was in there one night and saw her twitching and it looked different. I went in and saw nothing. I had gone in several times because I was concerned and again, nothing. She would look up at me, her eyes looked fine, so I figured it was no big deal. For any of you that dont know Jazzmyn, she was mean as h**l. She would let us pet her on her terms, but by no means would she let you hold or handle her, so since she was response, I didnt bother her. Well last night my mom went in to feed and said she didnt seem right. I said we'd try to get a little sugar into her and see how she did. Got her out, which was way too easy so I knew then it was bad. She had began drooling and this 'twitch' was very obvious now. It was clear that she was not going to make it through the night and it was useless to take her into the after hour clinic. I gave her some pain meds and let her rest. My father had the night off so he kept her in a towel with him until she passed. I will be having a Necro done first thing Monday. I feel horrible bc she was showing some signs and I didn't ever see them. Honestly, I dont know how much more of this I can take...

I am so sorry, I also don't know how much more of this I can take, it is just too hard.

I'm sorry for your loss, but at least you can rest knowing she went peacefully and not in pain.
RIP Jazzmyn.

I'm also very sorry for your loss, knowing or not knowing why, neither is easy, I hope you get an answer after the necropsy.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Having the necropsy done will give you peace of mind; at least you will know the cause of her death.

I'm sorry for your loss. It is always hard to lose your baby, even if she wasn't a snuggler, she was still special.

So sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy to say good bye.

RIP Jazzmyn

Sorry to respond so late, I just came across your thread. I'm so sorry you lost your chin, especially with no advanced warning that something was wrong. I know you're having a difficult time right now, but I'm sure your baby passed knowing he was loved immensely. Take the time to heal.

Sorry for your loss - I just lost my 1000 gram Brown Velvet female basically the same way - no warning! Any results from the necropsy?

Preliminary results of the necro came back as fatty liver disease. He said could exhibit symptoms similar to neuro problems. He said they did three sections of the brain and all of them came back fine. He asked about her diet. He said that the alffy base might have been too rich for her. He obviously asked if I give treats, and I dont, so thats not it. Otherwise he said he cant think of anything else that would cause it. He said they will call back when the final results come in.

Back