My Binx.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon

This is a hard one. I was quite active on this forum for quite awhile, and met so many amazing people. I want to apologize and update all of you. I have been suddenly inactive for a year or so. During my hiatus, I often thought about the great people and their chins that I had spoken to and really bonded with on here, and missed you all! I stepped away from this forum because my little Bermudian Binx, passed away a year ago on October 4th. As I arrived home, I saw Binx laying on the floor of his cage. Worried, I tried to "wake him up". He never did. The cause of Binx's death is unknown.. as you know, he had 2 surgeries for abscesses in his neck due to poor living conditions before I owned him. It was too painful to view the pictures or revisit this forum, but now that I have come to terms with it, I am able to create this topic.
Goodbye Binx, and although it took me awhile to write this, I miss you bud.
Rest in peace. See you one day, hopefully.
:tissue:
I'll never forget you.

RIP Binx. I'm so sorry for your loss, Brandon. I've been there, and I know that even after a year it's still hard sometimes.

Good to see you, hon. Glad you've found a way to start to heal. You did awesome things for that chin, without the resources a lot of us in the continental U.S. enjoy. He has to be one of the most loved chinchillas in history, and we're glad to have you back in the community. :)

Oh, Brandon, I'm so sorry for your loss of Binx. :flowers5:

He was a lucky chin to be owned and loved so much by you. He had a happy life and thanks you for rescuing him from his previous life and providing him with the new, spoiled one you gave him.

I don't think the pain of losing one of our babies ever goes away; it just lessens over time. Baby died 6 years ago next Valentine's Day, and I still tear up when I think about him. I know he's watching over me from Chinnie Heaven just like Binx is watching over you.

It's good to hear from you. I hope you stay around and keep in touch with us. You were missed...

Thank you guys so much. You don't know how much your posts mean to me.
Unfortunately, I will not own another chinchilla anytime soon. Life isn't going to be stable enough for the next few years- I am moving to Portugal in September for a year, and afterwards heading to university in England during which I will be back and forth visiting my family for Christmas, etc.
Although I am not a chin owner, I am extremely glad to be back on this forum and to participate. I've missed you guys.

I am so sorry to hear about Binx and I can certainly understand how his death left such a void in your life. I really hope that someday again you will have the opportunity to settle down and to enjoy chins once again. Until then, always keep Binx close to your heart and he will always be with you in spirit.

Good to see you, hon. Glad you've found a way to start to heal. You did awesome things for that chin, without the resources a lot of us in the continental U.S. enjoy. He has to be one of the most loved chinchillas in history, and we're glad to have you back in the community. :)

I couldn't have put it better myself. Brandon you did wonders for Binx and we all know he was lucky as anything to eventually get you as an owner. I am so sorry for the loss. One day life will semi re-stabilize (any one who says their life is fully stable is selling something or on something because seriously life usually always is chaotic) you will be able to have another fuzz butt whether its chin or not chin.

Back