Benny

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemarie

I lost Benny friday August 24. It's been hard for me to talk about it without crying. It's been a long long week. I feel like the worse mommy ever. I feel like I should of seen that he wasn't doing well before it was too late. He was perfectly fine though. I guess Wednesday after I decided to put my cat down (a whole other story but the short story we found him almost lifeless on our deck) I noticed that he took a bite of his treat and then it was on the floor. I said something to my boyfriend but he said i was just being paranoid. and he was fine. Thursday he was just in his box and again i just thought i was being paranoid. then Friday I noticed Benny's nose was runny and he sounded congested. I called the vets around my area no one will take him as an emergency. by the time i got money and a vet that would see us it was too late. Benny was laying on me and he hopped off of me and fell over. My boyfriend picked him up and he took his last breath.

How didn't I know? why didn't I noticed? I read and memorized all the signs. His poop was normal. He was eating normally. and drinking. I keep constantly think what I did wrong for him to get sick. I know I gave him the best that I can give him.

I learned with my 2 girls that sometimes things like this just happens and there is nothing more we can do... I am so sorry for your loss and I am sure that Benny knew how much you loved him and how much he meant to you.
*hugs*
R.I.P. Sweet Benny...

I am so sorry this has been such a difficult week for you. That is a lot of loss in one week. My heart goes out to you. RIP sweet Benny.

I'm so sorry for your losses. Don't blame yourself, I've also don't seen the signs soon enough. It was an accident. Rip Benny, till you two will meet again

Back