My little man,

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChilliPepper

I saw you at Petsmart, had never seen a chinchilla before. Your sweet face just stole my heart. Part cherub, part imp. You were such a little thief! I had to watch you like a hawk the first few months at play time before we built your playpen. My wood cats will never be the same and the little shiny one will always remind me of you, when you would steal it and carry it back to your cage after I took it away and put it back on the shelf. You were always a champion beggar. I know you scammed me out of way more oats then i should have given you, but you loved them so.
Each time you went in for a filing, I asked the vet if it was the right thing. The answer was always yes, since you seemed to be thriving. She said I would know, you would become reluctant to eat your mush and would be less active. Even this morning, you ate 2 prepared servings of CC and ran around the bathroom for over an hour jumping and bathing and running through your tubes. You still have spirit and spunk, and yet it's time. I don't want you to become so miserable your spunk is gone before I take you in. Thank you my little Chilli for the years of sweet joy, the smiles I would get from your cute face and your whisker kisses. I hope you know how much you were loved and it's because I love you we are doing this today. I hope heaven is real for you, that you get to chew like you haven't been able to for 3 years. I bet the first thing you chomp into will be grapevine and then hay thistles.
Goodbye Chilli, Pepper and I will miss you so much. I know he will be lonely, and he will take your loss hard, but we will give him some extra loves. Don't worry about him. Enjoy your new life, my baby.

I'm very sorry for your loss. You really are giving him the last best gift you can - you are taking away his pain.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Chili. :flowers5:

He knows that he was loved so much by you that you had the courage to make the incredibly difficult decision to send him up to Chinnie Heaven.

It is from there that he will watch over you and Pepper. :heart:

Feels weird, this is when I would go fill his bowl with his mushed pellets. It was so hard to come home without him. I mentioned to my hubby that after he was gone, that was the longest I had held him in 8 years. Little guy was always on the go, he was WAAAY too busy for snuggling! I feel sadness tonight, but no regrets. The timing was right, I didn't wait too long and I didn't do it too soon. I would not change a single choice I made over the last 3 years. I was just blessed to have him this long with malo. Got to go love on Pepper now with some oats.

Back