Scamp

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTree

After four months of daily syringe feeding the Maloclussion won and Scamp had to be euthanized. He fought the entire time and did well after his filings. But this last time he didn't bounce back like he usually did. He started dropping weight very rapidly. Thursday I took him to my work to see our exotics vet since he stopped eating, she gave him an injection of pain medicine which tranquilized him. The next day I came home sick from work and took a nap, when I woke up he was laying on the floor of the cage, limp and cold. He was still alive but in pain, so I rushed him to my work where we made the decision to end his suffering. I held my boy the entire time. He was too young to leave us, but at least his pain is over and he was playing up until the day before he died.

Scamp 5/18/08-1/20/12
scampnew.jpg

My condolences. I know it must have been hard, and it hurts, but in the end you know what is the best thing for your baby. RIP Scamp. :angel8:

Thank you everyone. It was very hard, I thought I had more time with him. He was still playing the day before he died. But there was absolutely nothing that could be done. We're thinking he developed fatty liver from not eating. It was just so sudden though. Just the other day I had to take his wheel out because he wouldn't stop running then I find him limp and cold. But I know I did my best for him which makes this easier. Now if only we could convince Andy that I did the right thing, for the first time in 10 years he won't come to me, he seems afraid of me now. He was Scamp's cagemate and he was always a mommy's boy and would run up to me, now he's hiding from me, that hurts almost as much as losing Scamp.

Back