Picchu

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfleenor2

I love chinnies!
My sweetie Picchu has died. :cry3: Last nite when I came home late from work, she was gone. It looked like she died in her sleep. Oh, :tissue:

I have a cold, when I cleaned the cage I wore a mask and gloves. I've been avoiding her this last week because of my cold, just checking on her food and water. I didn't want to breath on her. I haven't noticed any different behavior, she didn't seem ill.

She was approx 10 yrs old, not sure, we got her from a pet shop where someone had left her for rehome. I've had her for 7 years. Oh God, I miss my Picchu!

I'm soooo sorry Picchu!! I thought you had many years left. I hope you're free and happy where ever you are!!! Love you Picchu....:heart3:

I am sorry for your loss, I am sure she passed peacefully after a wonderful life with you.

Thank you all. But now I think "I should have done play time more often, I should have talked to her more, more dust baths, more lovin". I really thought she had many more years left. I don't know if her life was wonderful, I know sometimes she was bored. I wish I'd done things differently!

Thank you all. But now I think "I should have done play time more often, I should have talked to her more, more dust baths, more lovin". I really thought she had many more years left. I don't know if her life was wonderful, I know sometimes she was bored. I wish I'd done things differently!

She had a wonderful life for sure!

I know what you mean about wishing sometimes that I had given more to certain chins. Sometimes the older ones don't get as much attention as the younger chinchillas. I think they understand and chins are just happy to get what they need. She knew you loved her!!

I'm so sorry to hear this. You are a good chin mommy, you've been on here almost 3 years and taken good care of her. A chin will be very lucky to have you someday. Rip Picchu.

I'm sorry, I came across this thread just now and feel so awful for you and your loss. I am so sorry you were robbed of your time with Picchu. It sounds like she passed peacefully, and I know she knew how much she was loved. She will always be in your heart.

Back