Lucky 07/07/07-18/10/11

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaina_Organasolo

I thought it was about time to post a memorial for my dear Lucky, or Bug as he was affectionately nicknamed.

You came into my life at a very sad time, I had lost my first Chinchilla, Leroy in suddenish circumstances - never knowing exactly what caused him to be sick. Your breeder knew I had a soft spot for Black Velvets and he offered me you as a companion for my remaining boy Stitch.

You hadn't had an easy life. At the age of 18 months, you had already been beaten up pretty seriously by others - including one who had scalped you and left you with a permanently dented head. You were a bit of a stressy boy who chewed himself whenever another Chin came into your life but you soon stopped and got over it each time.

We didn't bond at first - you were akward. I had gotten you for Stitch but you had other ideas. You were getting along great with him until one day, he went onto your territory and in a matter of seconds, you'd bitten him up pretty badly. After that, Stitch became ill and I needed to monitor him so the intros were out of the question - and personally I think you were relieved.

When Stitch passed on, you were an only Chin and that's when we really bonded. You turned into a super affectionate guy. You had a 'thing' for smelly feet and loved to shuffle dance around them - I'm only sad that my feet don't really smell but you always had plenty of men with sweaty feet and slippers to oblidge. Lee even took to putting stinky fleece slippers on the roof of your cage for you to sniff overnight...

You were always there, waiting when I got home. Paws and ears up on the bars waiting for tickles, or fuss or to ride around the house on my shoulders. Some days, if you felt needy, you would simply hug onto the nearest hand and not let it go. You were my heart Bug and no matter what naughtiness you got up to, we always forgave you.

You had slight issues, and developed repetitve movements. We got you your beloved wheel and you never stopped running and you never did those strange things again. We moved into the new house, and we could hear something in the kitchen. I thought a storm was coming, you could hear it rumbling away. Lee soon pointed out that no, it was you on your wheel.You even thought that if someone was trying to pick you up, your could outrun them on your flying saucer.

The house is so quiet without you crashing around and I miss your kisses and you nibbling my hands and my glasses. When I took you on, those years ago, I never thought I would love any chin as much as Leroy again, You proved me wrong. You were a true companion. Thank You for all those times you let me cry into your fur, everytime you stopped us giving you kisses cos you really didn't like them and all the joy you brought into my life.

I am sorry I failed you. I'm sorry that I didn't get you treated for your stasis earlier. I'm sorry that it got to the point where you were obviously uncomfortable - But I promise you this, I will learn from it and hopefully next time, I will be able to save them.

I know you won't ever hold it against me and I know that we did have a nice last night together. You spent most of it lying on me with lots of kisses and cuddles.

You were one in a million, and there will never be another like you.

Miss you with all my heart and soul. Sleep well Lucky, I am sure you are bugging the heck out of Stitch up there on the Bridge.

Your favourite pasttime -

P4260523.jpg

No Kisses!!! No -

P3090272.jpg

Mr attitude -

P1210488-1.jpg

In your hammock with Mr Ghostie -

P6230036.jpg

With my Brother, who you never forgot when he came to look after you whenever I was away -

P2110244.jpg

Night Night Special Boy.

So sorry for your loss, he sounds like he was an amazing chin who you gave a new life to. RIP Lucky.

I am so very sorry for your loss. He sounds like a special baby, and knew he was loved. Rest in peace, sweet little boy.

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes. He certainly left his mark on everyone who met him - When he went, he left a big hole in our hearts. My fiance is devastated.

Lucky sounds like he was one special chin and I am so sorry he has left a void in your heart. May he rest peacefully.

Back