To my little boy Kupo

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arenyth

He was the best chinchilla there ever was. So loving, talkative and playful, we know he truly loved us and we loved him. I thought he was sleeping in his hammock when I got home and let him rest while I made dinner. He would always wake up and go to his food dish when we ate it was so cute :( I wanted to give him scritches so I went to go wake him up and he just .. didn't. I don't have much experience losing anyone but I was and am devastated. He was just fine earlier that day, eating sticks and jumping around. But we do take comfort knowing he was comfortable and in his favorite place when he passed. We made a box with his favorite toys sticks and some dust, and wrapped him in his hammock. I just don't know how to handle it, he won't be there for me when I get home today, the house is quieter now and I'll never be able to hear his little chirps ever again. I love you Kupo.
OFap0.jpg

2MbNW.jpg

Poor Kupo :-( I'm very sorry you lost such a sweet boy, and I know you'll never forget him. May he rest in peace.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :flowers5:

Sudden and unexpected deaths are the most painful, since you don't know what happened. I would suggest having your vet do a necropsy to see if it's possible to determine a cause of death. I know that it comforted me when Baby died for no reason and Dr. Fitzgerald was able to give me an explanation.

If this is something you would like to do, wrap Kupo up and put him in the refrigerator, NOT the freezer, and call your vet.

Again, I'm so sorry that your little Kupo is gone. He will be watching over you from Chinnie heaven.

Oh i'm so sorry for your loss. :'(

I understand what it's like losing a chin...

Sorry to hear of the loss of your little man. But, it seems he may have gone peacefully, which is, I hope, a comfort. He was a good looking little one. How old was he?

We think he was about 7 or 8, since he was a rescue who went through several homes before he became part of our family we'll never know. We opted to bury him with some of his favorite things since he looked so peaceful I didn't want to disturb him with a necropsy. My husband reminds me he was very loved and he knew it, but I'll always regret not being there to give him one last scritch :(
Thank you all for your condolences, now I have to brave going home to an empty house. One day at a time...

Sorry for your loss. Thats the most....unexpected to hear. I fear sometimes. I can't imagine that. Its too sudden and random. RIP Kupo...

Sorry to hear about your little sweet man. I lost my sweet boy a couple years ago. My little man Jack was laying down at the bottom of his cage when I came home from a chinchilla show. My husband and daughter said he was just fine the night before. He was my chatty boy too. Now my chin room is quiet. I miss that little muttering voice. I wrapped Jack up in fleece and laid him to rest near my flower bed.

Hugs........

Back