Goodbye Haru

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshmallowcloudbeanie

So little Yuki got better,but his friend Haru started showing the same symptoms as Corky(who passed away). He lost a lot of weight,stopped eating/drinking,and was acting very lethargic. We took him to the vet and they injected TMS into him, since he wasn't swallowing properly. We syringe fed him CC as much as we could,but a lot of it just sat at the front if his mouth. He stopped having feces the day he passed away. We thought maybe he was constipated,so my bf took him back to the vet and they force fed him at least 3/4 of a syringe of CC. When he came home he was worse. He started limping over and breathing from his mouth. I thought maybe force feeding him was a bad idea since there was no pooping. We held Haru as he took his last breaths. He stopped breathing only to take one final breath in the end. Haru was a fighter and we will never ever forget our beautiful ebony chinchilla with the funny run. At least we have the video of him. We love you Haru and we miss you so much. We wish we could've kept you forever. We wish you had a chance to grow old. We hope you are in a better place now. :( R.I.P. my little Haru.

I am so sorry to hear of Haru's passing, especially since you had to recently deal with Corky's passing. I sure hope this is the last suffering you have to go through. May Haru rest in peace.

I am sorry to hear of your chins passing. Has the vet ever diagnosed what is wrong with your chins? I would think that after at least 3 of them getting sick and 2 dying that he would at least prescribe something for the chins that you have left??? It is past time for everyone to be proactive in my opinion. I just would hate to see you lose another one.

What makes us mad is that we pointed out that we thought he was constipated and they pointed out that they could feel a lot of poops in him,but they said nothing so we thought it was normal. So maybe if they had helped us with that he would've eaten and drank fluids since he would've been able to poop, but the vet didn't say it was cause for concern.

Well it was an emergency and we didn't have a ride at the time,so we took him to an exotic bird/pet hospital and she talked out of her ***. Everything she saw or noticed was a "secondary problem". She then wanted to run a million tests and give many injections.

Back