Zu Zu...Gone but Loved

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chin2heart

Lost my little Zu Zu last night to a long battle with an oral tumor and mal. She, and her sister Peep, were rescued in December of 2005 at six months of age, and provided an instant family to my older rescued chinnie mom, Diane. We could not come up with suitable names for the sisters when we first got them. The proper name came up on New Years' Eve, after struggling for several hours assembling a Super Pet monster of a cage; a couple margaritas and the endless looping of TBS's annual "It's a Wonderful Life" later, we hit on the name Zu Zu. She was always the most cheerful of creatures. Always ready on her perch by the front door when she heard me come in at the end of the day. Never met a raisin or nut she didn't like. As her days wound down, I would let her out of the cage and she would follow me around the apartment like a puppy and stretch up on her hind legs to be picked up. But, yesterday, she took a sudden turn and now she's been collected back into the Eternal Chinchilla Consciousness. Sleep, my little Zu Zu girl, and I'll see you again soon when the next pair of bright eyes captivates my soul.

I'm very sorry to hear about Zu Zu. She was very happy with you and thankful that you were able to rescue her and her sister. She is in a wonderful place now.

I am sorry for your loss. :(

Sleep well, Zu Zu.
candle.gif

Back