RIP Ace 01/08/11

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

Well the year has not started off that great for me. I went out yesterday to clean cages and found Ace dead. Ace was housed with her daughter. She was one of my first chins I purchased from Mike Attard back in 2004. She will be missed. RIP Ace sorry I was not around for you this year.

I hope this year gets off to a better year.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :flowers4:

Unexpected losses are always the worst. Thinking of you and her little girl.

I'm so sorry you lost Ace :( Loss is never easy, especially when it comes suddenly and without warning. May Ace rest peacefully...

So sorry to hear about your loss! I just lost one of my twin girls yesterday...Pearl and Ruby, 3 years old. Pearl did not make it. :( It was quite unexpected as she was not showing any symptoms until late Tuesday night. By the time I raced home from work on Wed (after checking on her Wed morn) to take her to her vet apptment she had already passed. :( Took Ruby in to make sure it was nothing she could get sick from as well, then the vet found a huge mass/tumor in Pearl's stomach while examining her body. Wish I could have caught it sooner but at least I have somewhat of an answer as to why she passed at such a young age. :(

Now my poor Ruby is all alone and seems very sad. Trying to keep her social and watch her closely so she doesn't get too depressed. At least she is still eating/drinking normally. Anyone have any advice on how soon is too soon to get a new friend for my Ruby? She and her sister were together since birth, so I'm not sure if I should let her grieve for a while before trying to introduce a new female friend, or if it's okay to start the introduction process right away? Unfortunately Ruby was always more skiddish than her sis was, so I'm also worried that introducing a new friend too quickly would just stress her to the max. :(

i'm so sorry to hear of Ace's passing. big hugs and my deepest condolences, and Ace will be waiting for you on the other side of rainbow bridge with a whisker tickle.

Back