Just had to let Astrid go :(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyronymph

After months of dealing with teeth issues, I decided it was best to have my baby Astrid put down.

I don't know how old she is -- young I assume. She had an abscess that seemed to spring up over night, and since then it seems she never really quite healed. She never learned to eat right and even with hand feeding was not gaining weight. When the other girls started acting differently toward her (not violent, but more avoidant, and lots more spraying) it hit home that she was never going to get better.

It took 2 sedations and 2 heart sticks, but Astrid finally crossed over this evening. She went quietly, which is all I could hope for. I'm just glad she's not in pain anymore.

:cry3:

Thanks everyone. The actually euth process was easier on me than I expected it to be. I do find myself breaking into tears randomly though.

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo in remembrance of her. Pawprints most likely. Something simple, since it will be my first.

Oh, guess I'd better change my stats/sig :(

What a terribly difficult decision for you to make, but definitely in Astrid's best interest. I'm so sorry you had to do this for her. May she rest in peace.

I'm so sorry for your loss :flowers4:

It's sad that you had to make that painful and difficult decision, but Astrid thanks you for loving her enough to do so. She'll be watching over you from Chinnie Heaven.

I am so sorry. I've had to make that decision before too and it's absolutely terrible.. but you did the right thing I promise. I hope you feel better soon !

Astrid thanks you for ending her suffering. You'll see her again and she'll properly hop all over you to thank you for helping her!
Feel happiness that you had the time you had with her and that she changed your life to make you a better person :)

Back