Lumpy has crossed over Rainbow Bridge

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercynursie

It is with a heavy heart that I lost one of my two standard rescue chins Lumpy this past week.He was playing,eating,pooing and maintaining a good weight.My husband and I had left for our annual late anniversary trip to Pigeon Forge Tn and Tammy was on critter duty.We always plan our trip around college break so that Tammy will be home to critter sit.She knows all of my critters and what to look for.We left early Monday morning and before we left everyone checked out fine,happy and begging for their sticks.But Tuesday morning Tammy called in tears.She found Lumpy laying on bottom of his cage and barely breathing.She had already picked him up and wrapped him in a towel as we were talking over phone.He passed on while Tammy was getting clothes on to get him to the vet. I had her wrap him and place his little body in outside building freezer.Not to be morbid,but I wanted to look him over to see if there was anything I may have been missing.His little body was perfect,so I can only guess that he passed from natural causes as I don't even know how old these guys are.Pooh seems to be doing fine,but I'll make him a snuggle buddy for company.I just have to keep reminding myself that we gave him a happy loving home for his final time here on earth.

RIP Lumpy. :( Another sweet little angel chinnie over the rainbow bridge. I'm very sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :flowers5:

Know that Lumpy knew that he was loved. He will be your little Chinnie Angel watching over you from Chinnie Heaven.

You gave him a happy life and your sitter did all that she could have by alerting you as soon as it happened. Just make sure to give Pooh extra lovings for the both of you.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry to hear that Lumpy passed on while you were away. That must have been so hard for you :( May Lumpy rest peacefully

Back