My poor baby Yoda

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mognyoda19

My poor 9 month old baby Yoda had a UTI in august that he got through, then a HUGE bladder stone this December. The stone filled his entire bladder, poor thing, the vet couldn't believe it. I paid for the $500 surgery to get it removed ASAP, and had the stone sent in to the lab. Turns out it was caused by a calcium build up, and the vet was baffled as to how that was an issue. I asked for a blood test to see if Yoda had an excess of calcium in his blood, but the sample had to be sent to a different lab, and poor Yoda didn't make it to then.

I woke up New Years day to find my baby.. It was truly traumatizing. He was my little buddy. He loved getting scratched on his chest and was the friendliest of my three chins. We really bonded after his surgery since he relied on me for so much. When I removed him from the cage, poor Mog just sat in that spot for a while. I did everything I could to try and save him, but I guess the surgery was just too much for him. I will miss you so much my dear Yoda. RIP

Attachments

• DSC01379.jpg
    DSC01379.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC01362.jpg
    DSC01362.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 45
I am so sorry :( It sounds like you did what you could for Yoda, and even though he put up a heck of a fight, he just wasn't strong enough to make it for you. Yoda was adorable and I know you will miss him greatly. May he rest in peace.

I'm very sorry. Surgeries can be tough on small animals especially. You do what you can--at least you gave him a chance.

:( Sorry Yoda didn't make it. He was lucky to have a friend like you.... RIP Yoda

I'm sorry for your loss, he was a very beautiful little boy! I hope you can take some comfort in knowing you did everything possible for him. He was lucky to have you.

I'm so sorry Yoda had to leave you. I can only imagine the horror and shock of finding him in the cage New Year's morning. Take comfort in knowing you did everything you could for him, and he knew how much you loved him. I'm glad you were able to spend so much time with him at the end.

Back