My Sweet Lily

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone. My family just doesn't understand how I could have been so attached to a chinchilla. It's hard to make them understand that they're just as personable and intelligent as dogs, cats, and other animals.

I'm glad that we were in Illinois when it happened. Paul bought Lily for me, and the three of us were able to be together at the end. The vets made me a clay plaque with her paw prints, so I'm going to put it in a shadow box along with pictures and a poem that Sandi sent me.

I miss my baby girl so much, I wish I could have gotten her ashes but with all the vet bills I couldn't spend another $100. I'm glad I have so many pictures to remember her.

Brittany, I just came across this thread, and your goodbye to Lily is so touching it brings tears to my eyes. You are incredibly brave and loving to do what was best for Lily. This must have been so hard for you to say goodbye, but you have allowed her to be in peace now, with no more pain in her future. May she always watch over you lovingly, and may she rest in peace.

Brittany, I'm so sorry for your loss :flowers4: She'll be your little Chinnie Angel watching over you from Chinnie Heaven.

Brittany, take peace in knowing that you did everything you could for her, especially in that last, difficult decision you had to make. You loved her unconditionally and you took away her pain. I know nothing I write can take away the pain that you're experiencing, and that horrible feeling of emptiness. I lost my Sophie a week ago today and it's still so hard to look at her cage. It has gotten a little easier; I honor her by spending more time with the rest of my girls. I also found that keeping a journal has helped (more than I thought it would).

Your family doesn't understand the love you had for her, much like some of my friends, who equate the size of the pet with the amount of love you can give. Heck, I love my chinchillas more than some of my friends! And I hope at some point in their lives they experience the kind of love that I have for my girls and that you have for Lily and Lady. Just know that you have an angel waiting for you in heaven.

Back