:(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strangulation, forced labor, boiling in oil, tar and feathered...man there are so many options :) Unfortunately, usually they are not bad people-just severely ignorant. Now the ones who know how wrong what they are doing is but just don't care...I'll hold em down-you punch :)

As far as finding a good cage mate for Pikachu try petfinder.com you can find rescues and shelters near you that have chins in need of good homes. Of course just check their not another 'breeding rescue' (never heard of a rescue breeding its animals before...thats horrible at least IMO)

I too am very sorry for your loss, but as tunes said you did all you could which is more than many people would have done. You obviously truly cared for Jigglypuff an she was lucky to have you, she was obviously loved.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but you could consider getting some sort of plush animal for Pikachu? With my chin, he has been solo his whole life. But when I got him, he was visibly distressed at having to be relocated with a new owner and new setting and everything, it was a stressful time for him. He never seemed to relax and even begun fur-chewing.

I put in a plush monkey in the cage and his behavior change was striking! He sleeps next to it with his head buried in the monkey's armpit, and when he's dozing he cuddles with it nearby. Everytime he's skittish and runs away from a loud noise he immediately goes to the monkey. I assume this type of buddy would be beneficial for your Pikachu also.

Last week I got in contact with vickvela because she's moving from Florida to San Antonio next week, and she has a couple rescues that would probably be perfect friends for Pikachu. So I'm just waiting for her to arrive and get settled so I can visit with them and make sure they'd be a good match for her, then they get to hang out in my brother's room (guest bedroom) until I know they are healthy and adjusted.

I don't know if Pikachu would even acknowledge a chinchilla-sized plush toy in her cage. She doesn't really get scared when she hears a noise. She actually runs to the corner of her cage to look down the hallway to see what it is. She likes to watch tv, so even when I'm not home, I have the tv on for her. I think she just misses interacting with another chinchilla. Like when I give her a twig, she nibbles for a bit and then drops it. But if I start trying to pull it away while it's in her mouth, she turns it into a game and will chew the whole thing while trying to keep it away from me. But thanks for the suggestion - I'll keep it in mind and probably make her a fleece buddy since I have some extra fleece.

Back