Poor little Jack

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolyphinm

Sunday was a rough day. I did a fun event with the organization I volunteer with. They left to drive out to pick up a pair of chins to help out a rescue that could not take them in due to illness among the chins already there.

I got him and the girl set up in their respective separate cages. He had a dry urine soaked behind, but he started to munch on a few pellets right away. It was nearly 1 AM now Monday and I had work so time for sleep. When I checked on the new pair Monday. He had obviously not moved much. Didn't drink anything didn't eat anything more than what I saw it looked like. I put the dust bath to see if that would help. I put him in there and he peed in it, but then walked around in it a bit, then just sat. I made up some CC and fed him best I could, but he wouldn't swallow much. This morning he had labored breathing. As I sat at the Vet's I noticed he was sneezing and had snot.

He passed only an hour ago while on the nebulizer and I didn't have him for even 48 hours, but he still touched my heart. The vet told me he was digging around and seemingly better, but alas Jack you are free of the pain you were put through by your former owners. The only picture I have of him and his cute little heart shaped pads from my phone at the vets.

Attachments

• Jack.jpg
    Jack.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 69
Well the Vet already did the necropsy. His molars on the surface looked a little big so before I had him he had some teeth problems. The vet saw no indication of anything else potential contagious other than a URI got him hard. Man does URI get a chin hard and fast.

Amazing what less than 2 days with an animal and it can leave such a lasting impact on our hearts. And thank you for the words everyone. I really need it. You always wish you could have done more. I only hope he's there for me on the other side of the rainbow bridge cuz he really did leave a mark on me.

Back