Ivan.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for your loss. I understand your pain. Last year when I was cleaning cages one of my 5 week old baby sapphires jumped behind the pan as I pushed it in. I thought he was actually ok but by morning he had died. I cried for days

I'm so sorry to hear what happened and how! I'm always nervous when I have to stand up during Crash's out time because I worry about getting his tail/paw with my foot (and I usually wear socks or go barefoot so I can tell if I catch him).
Yeah, I was in socks. My heel felt really...heavy afterward. All night long. Like it was radiating with guilt.
I can't bring myself to bury him. Once I do, it's not a sick nightmare. But I have to do it tomorrow because my boyfriend is already creeped out that I haven't done it yet. He acts like I don't have him wrapped up and in a box, inside another box.
He was just getting in the habit of letting me scratch his chin, and moving his head from side to side w his eyes closed, like a dog or a cat. :tantrum::tissue::cry4:
Sorry. Just venting.

I'm so sorry for your tragic accident. :flowers5:

It's been a while and we have lots of new members, so I will take this time to remind everyone to do what has been called "The Chinnie Shuffle".

This involves sliding your feet across the floor WITHOUT lifting them at all, if any chins are out for playtime. If you aren't "walking", you can't step on them.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Buried him today.

SDC12953.jpg

SDC13141.jpg

SDC13159.jpg

SDC13107.jpg

He was such a gorgeous little boy, and you can tell he was so happy. I'm so sorry to hear about this, when i read it the first time I started crying and my boyfriend thought I was crazy! You're in my thoughts, I know i wouldn't be able to handle it... you're being very strong. Just know that he loved you and you were a great chin mommy to him!

What a sweet baby, I'm so sorry. Reading this has brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine how heartbroken you feel. I want to echo what everyone else said and tell you that this was not your fault!

You took such great care of him and he was truly loved. I'm glad he didn't have to suffer. I hope by burying him you can get some peace of mind and be able to move on.

Back