RIP Ten-Shi :(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnShh

Some of you may have seen my thread in the Behavior section, about a fight between two of my boys (there were 3 caged together). They had been together for a few years without any problems and I guess something just happened and Starbuck turned on Ten-Shi. I am in college 15 hours away from home, so I'm just going on what my mom had told me... we had a vet appt. for Wednesday (had I known he was that bad I would have told her to make it for the same day it happened, but based on what she described it didn't sound "life or death".). I hate not being there.

Ten-Shi was one of my favorites of my 5 chins... he was by far the sweatest chinchilla I've ever had. He was given to me by one of my best friends when I moved away (we 'swapped' chins so that we would each have one to remember the other by). My friend loved her chins but was not a responsible owner and allowed her mother/son to breed. Ten-Shi was the baby from that pair and you could tell he was not well bred- he was tiny, had horrible fur, etc... but he had the best personality. I will miss him tons...it won't be the same going back home on break and only seeing Gabe in the cage (Starbuck was separated after the fight occured, I've not yet decided what I"ll do with him re: keeping him or rehoming him).

RIP Ten-Shi. I'm sorry. I feel awful.

Attachments

• ten-shicute.jpg
    ten-shicute.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 29
  • tenshi1.jpg
    tenshi1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 35
  • tenshi5.jpg
    tenshi5.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 37
I'm so sorry for your loss :(
It's strange how they can against eachother so sudden.

He sounds like he was the sweetest thing on the planet!

R.i.p. Ten-shi

Aww I'm sorry for you loss.

As far as Starbucks, I'm sure he doesn't see that he did something wrong. Maybe just separate him from the other chin so it doesn't happen again and keep the little guy.

Thanks.
I'm sure he doesn't feel as if he did anything wrong either (and really, he didn't... crap happens). I won't decide what to do for awhile... I'll let things/emotions settle for awhile before making any decisions.

Back