Won't move in cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meech

I have a sweet chinchilla whom I let out everyday for a couple hours. She is super active and runs around, bouncing off walls whenever I let her out. I actually rescued her from the humane society, and I think that she was abused because when I got her, she bit a lot at first, a little hard, and was very cage aggressive and skittish. Now I can pet her back, and she climbs on me and never bites, and her cage aggression is gone completely! However, there is an issue I am concerned about. Whenever I let her back in her cage, I always put cartoons on for her at an appropriate volume. She jumps up ontop of her wood log and just sits there. It's weird because she has a three story cage full of chewable toys, a wheel, hanging pumice chews, and yummy food. She does have an appetite and eats her food still, but I still worry that she will sit there and not move. Does anyone know why she does this? Also, sometimes when she is sleeping, she'll poke her head out of her hut for scritches. Once I give them to her, she makes the contact sound. But she only does this when she's half asleep which is weird too.

Is she sitting there watching the tv? If so that is pretty normal, chins do like to watch tv, my guys will sit there and watch whole episodes of shows I'm watching on my computer.

The contact call could just be she hears something, or something startled her in her sleep, like half awake confusion.

She is sitting there. But it seems like it's for most of the night. The call only happens when I pet her though, which is weird. She definitely likes being petted though when she does it.

Back