Underweight Hedgehogs

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnimalLover88

I am concerned about my hogs. Tofu has always been thin since he runs constantly on his wheel. I got Suki about a month ago and have been horrible financial problems as of late so I haven't been able to purchase a second wheel for Suki but here's my concern with BOTH of them when I got Suki she was very chunky to the point that her previous owner believed she may have been pregnant? I don't think such is the case now, I think she may have been overweight on the very crappy cat food she was being fed (meow mix if I'm not mistaken) well now she's lost an extreme amount of weight and I think that it's the cat food I bought for them. I previously had tofu on merricks purrfect bistro real chicken recipe which had 40.00% protein and 14.00% fat and it was keeping tofu at a healthy weight but when it ran out I misunderstood an article on another brand of Merrick called Healthy weight recipe and accidentally got it causing the fat percentage to drop to 8%! NOT GOOD! They have both dropped a significant amount of weight and I'm worried so further researching I discovered a pretty good brand of cat food called Halo Spots Stew which has 18% fat and 40% protein absolutely no grain of any kind (first ingredient is chicken) it seems like a good choice. Has anyone fed there hedgehogs this brand? What were the results? What about Suki and her need of a wheel? I'm hoping I can get her one when I get my next paycheck. I'm just the only person working right now and money is extremely tight right now..

Back