Chix Soup for a Cat Lovers Soul

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marleymom

We have been feeding Marley Chicken Soup for a Cat Lovers Soul (regular not light) mixed with fresh veggies in his bowl for about 4 weeks. Now that I am a member here I think perhaps we should have chosen the "light". This is not cheap stuff, so I hate to get rid of it and spend another $16.00 when the bag is still more (way more) than 3/4 full. Is the full fat version ok to use?

Can we continue to use it but decrease amount and suppliment with more vegies?

Should we limit the amount he gets. There is usually some crunchy bits left in his bowl in the morning but not much.

He is very active on his wheel at night. He doesnt look fat where you can see him (belly and legs).

He is going to the vet on Wednesday for a checkup so I will get his thoughts on his current weight but would appreciate your thoughts too.

Thanks all!

Oops. Forgot to mention. Marley is about 4 months old. Thought this might make a difference in the acceptable fat content of his food.

The regular version is a little high in fat. Probably not a big deal for a still growing hedgie but what you could do rather than throw it out is buy a bag of the light version and mix them together. Since the light is really really low in fat and slightly higher in protein and you have less than a full bag of regular you will end up with less than 14% fat when 15% is the max you want to stay under.

Agreed, at 4mos, that's probably okay. And, yep, I'd mix it with a lower fat food. In general, you want at least two different types of kibble in a mix. You might consider getting a lower fat food in a different brand and mixing the two. Then, when your regular cscls runs out, you can mix the cscls light with the other kibble.

Back