general thoughts on this mix

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugargliderlove

Hedge Addict
I have 2 mixes for my hedgies I was thinking of combining the mixes to make one mix.
Mix one:
Sonic who currently weighs 494.5 grams who is on a mix of Simply nourish, authority adult hair ball, and solid gold katz-n-flocken. p- 34.6% f- 11.3%

Mix two:
Sprinkles and Pandora, Sprinkles weighs 378.4 grams and Pandora weighs 435.7 grams. their mix is canyon creek ranch, authority kitten, and purina one indoor advantage. p- 35% f-14.5%

If I were to mix the two the percents would be p-34.25% f- 13.16%. I wanted to know what though people had on making the mix one mix.

The weight of a hedgehog doesn't really tell anything. I have a small hedgehog who is just small and I have a very big hedgehog who is just big. They are not over or under weight.

How did you get 34.25% protein in the combined mix when one is 34.6 and the other is 35. If you use equal parts it should be 34.8% but since your fat level is also not in the middle I'm assuming you are mixing more of one than the other. You still can't go below 34.6. Mathematically impossible.

I'd probably pick the top 4 or so of the foods you are using and combine those instead of all those foods. I found they end up leaving certain foods behind when you get too many options. Also unless you have a lot of hedgehogs mixing that many different cat food bags together is going to last longer than it should. According to the vet teaching my animal nutrition classes it's best for any animal not to make/buy more than 2 months worth of food even if it's stored well unless you freeze it. We use 3 foods for 5 adult hedgehogs and either one pregnant/nursing or several weaned hoglets and it lasts about a month.

Back