A few questions about c&c cages

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chins1222

Hello I am planning on getting a hedgehog soon and want to build a c&c cage for him/her
My fist question is there a tutorial on how to build one?
I plan on using fleece liners as the bedding but what goes underneath that? Just more cloraplast?
Also do babies need a smaller cage than adults? I know bar space needs to b smaller but the cloraplast will take care of that! I was planning on building something 3x3 or 4x4 and wanted to make sure that wouldn't b too big for a young one

Thanks

This is the tutorial I used to make my c&c cage. http://www.guineapigcages.com/howto.htm

I just spread out the fleece on the bottom of the cage, so under my liner is coraplast. Some people make an absorbent layer on their fleece liners so it will be fleece, the absorbent layer, and fleece. I think vellux blankets are a popular inner liner. The fuzzy squishy blankets, I think they are called vellux.

A baby will be fine in a bigger cage, just make sure the coroplast is high enough to stop escape like you said.

You'll want at least 1' high coroplast sides or your hedgie may climb out. We have a cage with 8" sides I intended for guinea pigs and then sold all my show pigs and got hedgies. The number of escapes we've had out of that cage has finally led to us replacing it with more sealed plywood cages that have the 1' sides.

Back