Worried about my little boy... He's wobbling

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverHedgie

I feel like a really bad hedgie owner because I noticed about a month ago that my little Watson had a bit of a wobble to his walk. I did all the research I could and nothing really turn up, apart from WHS and maybe an ear infection. At the time, it didn't seem like something I should be to worried about.

But lately I've noticed he hasn't been as active, hasn't been awake as much and hasn't really used his wheel. So tonight, I watched him wake up and come out to eat, which is when I sort of panicked. He's wobbling quite badly. I don't think it's his feet though, because he seems to have full use of them when I pick him up and hold him.

Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong and how to help him?

I will be trying to make a vet appointment for him soon, but I am also of the mind that if it is his time, it might be best to let him go.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

It is possible it it WHS, I don't know enough about it to make any guess. I just wanted to suggest that you double check the temp in his cage and maybe boost it up a couple of degrees, as hedgehogs get older they sometimes need warmer temperatures. A vet appointment would be good, if it is something fixable they will fix it, if not at least you will know. Sending good thoughts for your little guy.

Thank you so much Raindog! Turning up the heat seems to have worked perfectly! Whew!

I even went and got him a heat lamp today, just to make sure, and he seems back to his normal self thus far.

I will keep you all posted on any new developments, should there be any. But he seems fine. :)

You're welcome! That's great, it is so happy when it is something easy. Yes, please keep us updated if any change, but I think he will be OK.

Back