Goodbye girls....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshinebear711

We lost Nuance back at the end of January. My husband went in to check on the girls and Fray was cuddled around her sister who had passed during the previous day/night. It was very sad as we had no warning that it would happen other than she was just 3 weeks shy of turning 6 years old. A total shock as every appointment she was deemed healthy and she had been running in her wheel only a few nights before.

Sunday night when my husband went to feed Fray, he noticed that she hadn't been eating a whole lot. And she was out and about in the cage. When she looked up at him he saw the mass on her muzzle. In April 2012 when she went in for her yearly checkup the vet took a mass out of her mouth. She had said that if it came back it was cancer. Well it came back. It was on the side of her muzzle and marred her beautiful mask. We took her to the emergency vet tonight when their exotics dr was in. She said that with Fray's advanced age and the tumor having come back... that it was up to us. Since she had lost a lot of weight, we assumed it was interfering with her eating so we decided to help her along. They let me hold her while they gave her the shot. She was 5 years old this coming week.

We lost both our girls in just a couple of months... and with my allergies and our new daughter we won't be getting any more. We loved them so much and it was hard to lose them... but we are grateful for the love and laughter they brought to our lives.

I am soooo sorry for your loss! It sounds like you gave them a long happy life, that's all any of us can do. They are happy and free now...

I'm sorry for you losses.

Fray and Nuance have probably already found each other across the rainbow bridge.

Back