Bass pans

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chinnies

Mine came the other day and BOTH were heavily dented! I was so upset. This means even loonnggeerrr till they can move into their new cage. I called the company and they're sending me new ones but now I'm afraid they will come dented as well and it will be a vicious cycle. :LOL:

Has this happened to anyone else?

My pan had a slight dent near a corner. I wanted to send it back but my boyfriend just pounded it back into shape. How heavily dented were yours?

Both of mine were pretty badly dented in the sides and middles of the pans. :(

I would call the company that shipped them to your home, I'm guessing UPS. I've always had some pretty bad experiences with them as have other people as well. Maybe you can work something out...hopefully.

My pan had a slight dent near a corner. I wanted to send it back but my boyfriend just pounded it back into shape. How heavily dented were yours?

This is what happened with us. I actually wrote them 4 emails and left 2 messages and they never responded to me. So we fixed them ourselves, but they are not perfect. I am kind of upset since I recommend them to every one of my customers.

I guess I got lucky....mine were fine except for a couple rivets on them I have to hammer flatter so they didn't snag some chin skin or worse! I ordered the 4" for the bottom and the 2.5" for the top level. Perhaps the size/way they fit in the box makes a difference in how they survive brutal UPS handling?

I have the normal 3 in. deep pan and it came completely intact with no dents and dings. Sounds like I just got lucky.

Mine have all had minor dents, Paul used I think a rubber mallet on the one dent, and hammered the other out.

I am more then sure it is the delivery company and not Bass who is at fault for that. That sucks for your chinnies however. Did you try to hammer them out?

Both pans I ordered arrived undamaged.

Chinnies when the package arrives inspect the box, if it looks damaged contact the shipping company (UPS delivered mine) before opening it. Tell them the box is damaged and possibly the content. Ask if you open the box & the pan is damaged if it will be covered by insurance or if you should wait until a UPS representative inspects the box.

If you're home when the boxes arrive ask the delivery person to wait until you open them and examine the contents for damage. If the pans are damaged the delivery person should be able to tell you how to make a claim. Plus he/she is a witness that you didn't damage the pans after taking them out of the box.

Both pans I ordered arrived undamaged.

Chinnies when the package arrives inspect the box, if it looks damaged contact the shipping company (UPS delivered mine) before opening it. Tell them the box is damaged and possibly the content. Ask if you open the box & the pan is damaged if it will be covered by insurance or if you should wait until a UPS representative inspects the box.

If you're home when the boxes arrive ask the delivery person to wait until you open them and examine the contents for damage. If the pans are damaged the delivery person should be able to tell you how to make a claim. Plus he/she is a witness that you didn't damage the pans after taking them out of the box.

The box, actually, was in perfect condition! Not a single dent, nothing.

Back