New girl!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amphy64

Here's my new girl, Anna Maria. She's five years old, a BV sapphire carrier (her breeder was a bit disappointed that she's never had any Royal blue/ToV sapphire kits for him, since she was paired with a sapphire male). She seems to be settling quite well after a week though is still a bit unsure of me (she hopped onto my lap last night, though, so guessing she'll get used to me, she's a pretty calm chin). I was surprised to see how much steadier and more methodical in her movement she is compared to Henry, who bounds around like a demented squirrel. She's a big girl, so I'm not sure if it's down to that or just her personality.

It's this one (I've divided it so she was just in one half):
http://www.skypetproducts.com/shop/x-trail-animal-cage/

I was going to kit-proof it just in case and had ordered the mesh since the store didn't have it in stock, but, yeah, events overtook me. Didn't really think she was pregnant let alone so heavily pregnant, and neither did her (very experienced) breeder - guess it goes to show you can't always tell, though in retrospect guess her slower movement may have been a sign.

I've moved her and baby now, though, swapped cages with Henry (which he's not happy about) as soon as I found the kit (and have spent days panicking about what if one escaped, but the door to the room was closed -though I had to leave it open for a little while I hastily swapped their cages- and I've looked and looked. The kit was still wet when I found them, though, so I'd guess it hadn't been that long). The current cage isn't really ideal either as it's still a bit tall for a kit but safer than that one at least.

Last edited:
Back