Nasal Discharge...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Amber*

To y'all that have had chins with nasal discharge: What was the cause?

Upper respiratory infection and cardiomegaly. Culture came back as positive for a strain of strep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O NO AN ENLARGED HEART!!! I have a rescue I saved from Humane Society. Poor fella is thin, wet chin and vet said has a nasal discharge. Said teeth look good all aligned properly and where they suppose to be. Found the discharge and some inflammation in mouth from either infection or tumor. Gave me Baytril and Critical Care and we will see in a few weeks if its works, if not we know what we gotta do unfortunately.

No she did not. I mentioned that to her and she seemed to be very familiar with malocclusion. I hope I just didn't just flush all that money down the drain. I was suspecting malocclusion but she sedated him washed his mouth out, said there was a lot of debris in there and she could see something like and infection or tumor. Said after 2 weeks if he is no better euthanasia will be considered.

Last edited:
Back