Windcrest Animal Hospital - Wilmington, DE

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyjudes

7 Chins, 1 Cat, & an Andy
Found a great chinchilla vet today in Wilmington, Delaware today at Windcrest Animal Hospital, Dr. Anthony Dallatore. We live in Philadelphia and had gone to NorthStar but they are 50 minutes away and only have one exotics vet Dr. Doolen who was great but you can only seem to get an appointment with him if you can wait at least a week which doesn't help in possible emergency situations.

When I called Windcrest this morning because my Sniffey was showing trouble eating last night, the staff couldn't have been nicer. They made sure I got to see one of the 3 exotic vets and later in the day. Met Dr. Anthony and he and the staff explained that since they had multiple locations and 3 chinchilla experienced vets (one owns chinchillas, one has guinea pigs, and one has ferrets) they always have one of then available and if necessary within a few hours.

He performed a thorough examination of Sniffey and was very capable in his handling of her and explanation of diagnosis.

Needless to say, she is going in for surgery, but if anyone in the Philly area is looking for a good chin vet, I'd recommend Windcrest's team. Only 1/2 hour away and also 24-hours in case of emergencies.

Back