Utah Chinchilla (and exotics) Vet

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miranda

Hi guys,

I couldn't find a thread for a good chinchilla veterinarian in Utah, so hopefully someone will find this helpful.

I just came back from taking my chinchilla to a wonderful vet in Salt Lake City. The place is called Wasatch Exotic Pet Care and Dr. Harris works there. She was wonderful with my chinchilla! I had been to two previous vets with the same chinchilla and although they were very nice, it seems like they didn't have nearly as much experience with chinchillas as Dr. Harris has.

As I took her in, she looked in my chinchillas mouth after I explained the problems she was having, and she knew immediately that it seemed like she had malocclusion. A week later we got some x-rays done (which were required before any dental work was performed, which SHOULD have been a requirement at the other places but wasn't). She talked me through what she found and what she was able to fix.

I'm forever grateful to Dr. Harris and Wasatch Exotic Pet Care for their knowledge and care with my chinchilla! I believe they saved her life and I highly recommend them.

So if you're in Utah and you're trying to find someone who knows about chinchillas, please try to visit with Dr. Harris first - you'll save some money in the long run!

:)

Back