fur missing around eyes fungus or infection?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

<3chinbaby

Initially, Taro visited the vet due to an injury on his left eyelid which I the vet assumed was an accident (he doesn't have a cage mate). After applying topical antibiotic for a couple days, the injury has healed but I noticed that the fur around his eye started to thin out. I thought it may be him scratching because he has a tendency to do that as soon as I apply the antibiotic. However, ~5 days later I noticed that his right eye started to lose fur around the perimeter. It has been a slow progression and I've dusted him in Tinactin assuming fungus and cleaned the cage with peroxide after dusting him for 10 days. It hasn't been getting better. I'm scheduled for a vet appointment tomorrow afternoon but I would like some input on what I can do until then. I've read numerous posts on here and most CnH members take care of ringworm with Tinactin and cleaning. I thought it might be an eye infection but he isn't weeping nor is there any discharge. Pictures below.

Attachments

• right.jpg
    right.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 37
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back