Mats in Hair

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acbieri

Smile God Loves YOU :-D
IDK if this is the right section to post in, but my new boy I just took in he's got a lot of loose fur, i've read some can pull out if you pull on it. But alot of it is mats. How do I need to get the mats out? JW THANKS!

If they're thick and big around - like the size of your thumb I use scissors. Anything smaller can be pulled.

They will not come out with dusting, you either need to brush, pull or cut them out.

She doesn't have a brush yet, but I told her my general rule of thumb.
Try to gently pull it, if it doesn't start to release, then cut. Bubbles came in with a lot of mats and that's what I did.

Little Phoenix gets these still ..even with regular dust baths ..so I just work my thumb and forefinger down to the base of it ..so I don't nick him with the scissors ...and snip it off just above my own fingers. I would comb them out, but he kacks at the sight of a comb :p

We got all the mats out :-D my hubby just worked with the extra hair and wiggled it and it pulled right out and he's doing great!! :-D

Back