Thanks and a Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3chins

I don't post much but read the forums, and the advise here is wonderful and really helpful.

We had our male neutered Tuesday and I knew what to look for because of this forum. When he didn't eat much that night or when his poops were very tiny and few I knew to call the vet to see if he needed to come in.

They told me to syringe critical care or blend up his regular feed and feed him. By reading here I knew to burrito him in a towel and carefully feed him.
All I can say is I have great respect to those of you who do it for a long time.

Was able to get him pooping again and having attitude and he started eating on his own finally.

So now I have a eating, pooping very active chinchilla in a 3x2 foot one level cage. He is not a happy camper not having his ledges to hop on and trying to figure out how to open his cage.

When would it be safe to go back into his regular cage?

He has stiches, the incision looks great, they told me to wipe once a day to make sure it was clean.

I bought him[1] and his mom [2]and baby sister[2 months old] off of Craigslist a few months ago and do not want babies but want to have them together in a huge cage.

Thanks again for all the information on these forums.

How long to wait to put them together? They told me he could go with them when was healed but I believe I have read different on the forums.

I don't know how long to wait before he can be in a larger cage again, but suggested recoup time before pairing back up with females is 6-8 weeks to allow sperm to completely die off. Good luck with your guy, and I hope he heals well for you!

So Moses was not happy in his in his 2x3 cage so I extended it to 4 1/2 feet and he is running around acting like he is feeling fine. Taking most of his unhappiness out on his house that Christine[Twilight Chinchilla's] made. Turning the top edges of the house into sawdust and trying to figure out how to open the top of his cage.

So glad he has recovered so well.

Back