Water bottles and chewing.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIxonat0r

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out some peculiar things going on with my chinchillas! Primarily im wondering if I am doing something wrong with their bottles or if it may be a faulty bottle.

So I have one cage with two boys in it and they have one of those glass water bottles with the duck in it. For the most part they seem to be drinking from it but there ALWAYS seems to be bubbles in it. And the water I put in it (ITs from target and says 'Purified by reverse osmosis) always seems to have stuff in it but im wondering if maybe thats just bubbles from being poured? I cannot really tell. Ive tried cleaning the bottles/tubes as well to see if there is crud in it but thats also something im not sure is working correctly.

My other boy who has his own cage doesnt seem to be chewing a lot. I see little gnaw marks on some of his toys a little bit every morning but he doesnt like those bundled willow sticks from the store it seems. Should I try apple sticks maybe? Thanks!

Back