Chinchilla cage alright?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drago

Hello all, I am nearly done with my chins cage, but wanted to post a picture to ensure everything looks alright with all you experienced chinnie owners out there! All suggestions are appreaciated (those wire shelves will be filled in with tile and then covered with fleece)

Attachments

• IMG_1990.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 61
  • IMG_1992.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 55
  • IMG_1994.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 55
The pics don't show up, try uploading them on to a photo share site then linking them.

Okay, I'll try linking it but I will warn you that I'm not very tech savvy so hopefully this will work.
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Dragogeckos/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Well that didn't exactly work, but I copy and pasted the web address from what you posted, so saw the pics. I seem some issues, first what is the width of the bars? bar spacing needs to be 1" or less or even an adult chin can walk right through it. The hammock and tunnel are not chin safe as is, fleece is the only safe fabric, that includes the edging and the straps, straps can be fleece or metal only. You also want to make sure everything is over lapping enough so that the chin can't fall more then a foot, or it could get seriously hurt or die. Either use chin safe hammocks or add more shelves and ledges.

I was worried about the bar spacing, it's 1.5in, in the largest section. I could go out and get galvanized wire mesh to place on the outside, it is 0.5 inch mesh so would that be alright? I can send a link to what I was thinking if that is helpful. I'll definitely add more shelves and safe hammocks, I'll remove the old hammocks. I don't want to risk anything once I bring the little guy home! Is the anti-pill fleece they sell at Walmart good? I could make hammocks out of that maybe. Thank you!

Back