Hardware cloth?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidgeyy

So I bought some 1/2in hardware cloth to cover my cage. The bottom half is empty but since my guy is doing great, I want to give him full access again. Anyway, I need to rig it so the cat can't get at him. He's only in that room at night but he will pest him if he's on the bottom half of the cage. Nails are trimmed and cleaned regularly, the hardware cloth is just for added protection. I'm hoping to move soon so the chin can have his own room but until then, I just have to make it work.

Anyway, I bought some stuff from TSC and after I was on my way home I noticed a warning. Apparently the hardware cloth contains lead. It is galvanized, but now I'm worried about using it. I don't think the other stuff I bought before had lead in it, so should I just trash it and keep looking or is it safe since it's galvanized?

Pretty sure this is what I bought:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/hardware-cloth-10-ft-x-24-in?cm_vc=-10005

I'm just putting it against the cage for an added layer of protection.

Back