Your go to shop

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minnow

I'm not sure where to put this thread exactly so I'll put it here. Anyway, what's your favorite shop to buy all your chinchilla toys, food, cages, bedding etc? I personally get most of my stuff from Drs. Foster and Smith since everything is so cheap there (comparing the same exact items from Drs. to pet smart was literally half the price!) I'm just looking for more shops that carry chin toys at a reasonable price. Some of the shops I saw on etsy were just too pricy for me!

F&S are a bunch of greedy ppl that dont care about the pets health imo. Iv talked about it before so i wont get into it to much again.

Most of my shopping is online. Very few things i get from stores anymore. Food depending on what im using at the time can be either online or at tractor supply. Bedding i still use petsmart for. The only thing i go there for as i dont like shopping at those stores.

http://www.rondaschins.com/
http://qualitymutationchinchillas.com/home.html
http://www.fuzzieskingdom.com/

I would much rather order online than support the big chain pet stores (especially petsmart) but shipping costs so much in Canada, and it's hard to find companies that do ship here. I do have a way that I can order hagen products without dealing with a chain, but not sure how good they are, any experience with hagen, or specifically Living World?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I recommend checking out the vendors on the forum here, both the ones listed in the classifieds and the banners at the top of the site. Not only will you beable to get toys and cage supplies cheaper, they are also made and/or sold by people that actually own chins rather then some company just out to make money.

I would much rather order online than support the big chain pet stores (especially petsmart) but shipping costs so much in Canada, and it's hard to find companies that do ship here. I do have a way that I can order hagen products without dealing with a chain, but not sure how good they are, any experience with hagen, or specifically Living World?

Living World is a cheap stuff company, quality wise, they are one that tends to put out items that look good but may not be good for chins. Rather then going with a big company like that I suggest checking out Canadian vendors, there are a few I can suggest,
Zoey and Lilo's Toy Box
Chinchilla Park Place
Sunny Meadow Cages
Flower Town Chinchilla
and Things for Wings That one is a bird site, but you can get hardware (clips, toy skewers, screws, etc) and a lot of stuff there in bulk so long as you make sure you stick to chin safe stuff.

Oh yeah also I guess I wasn't paying attention when I replied to your post the other day, but rather then going with bass pans, since you are in Canada, Flower Town Chinchillas and Sunny Meadows Cages both sell pans.

Awesome. Thank you guys for all your help

The biggest thing I am concerned with about pet stores and please keep this in mind anywhere is just because it has a picture of a chinchilla on it does not mean it is chinchilla safe. For example they market those dandelion yogurt drops as treats that are full of soy bean oil and corn syrup.

I have been really careful to only use products with safe materials. I have started to order things online, just needed a few things to get me through until the online orders arrive.

Generally I shop online. Not a large city, chin food is still new to petshop owners. I have one or two internet shops where I buy food every month. Treats I either make myself (as drying cut apples ), but shops here are full of reliable stuff too. I still don't use many. Now I have 4 chins.)

Back