Eating Pencil Eraser

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGrey

Hey all, new to these forums, but have checked them out lately and they've been very helpful, so I figured I'd ask you all a question. Last night during play time, I went to throw something in the trash real quick, and when I came back to the room, I saw that he had gotten a hold of a pencil and had eaten a bit of the eraser off (of course he couldn't stay out of trouble.) Not too much of it, just the top half. It's been almost 24 hours now, and his behavior is normal (running/playing, being alert, etc), and he's eating and drinking still, but I haven't seen much new poop tonight. Have you guys ever had this (or something similar) happen with your chins? And if so, was it a huge deal or problem?

I don't know about erasers, but I hope everything went well overnight! How did the nightly poop look? A usual amount? If you still don't see many "presents" I would definitely take the chin in to the vet asap!!

During his playtime last night, he did leave some "presents," haha. And this morning it seemed there were even more in his cage, so he seems to have passed it okay, I hope!

Back