Building a New Cage... Suggestions?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazel_rain13

I am finally, after way too many years, upgrading Pikachu's cage. I have a Ferret Nation cage and I'm planning to take all of the ledges and shelves that came with it out and making everything I possibly can out of Pine. I want to fill it with toys and things to entertain him, but outside of the normal twigs and hanging things, I'm not sure what to put. Not only does he destroy everything I put in there very quickly, he will get over certain toys very fast if I buy them in bulk. Anything hanging will be in pieces within a day. And I have a saucer wheel for him which he only uses as a second bathroom.

What type of toys, entertainment, misc. items should I include?

I'm making a hay holder, litter box, house, and trying a different wheel.

Also, I'm doing it Mario themed. :)

i would suggest finding the 'Ferret Nation' thread somewhere on here. Tons of pic of FN cages and how ppl set them up. Should be able to get a few ideas from there

Edit: If your using pine to make shelves and ledges, make sure it is Kiln Dried (which most hardware store wood usually is.) Regular pine has oils that are harmful to chins. The kiln drying process take most of them out.

Thank you!
I looked there. I already know how I'm doing the basic layout of shelves, I just kinda want ideas on what kind of toys or things to entertain him? Or maybe something that I should have in the cage that I'm not already including.

Back