Adopting chinchilla from a fur farm?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajujana

Hi all!
Does anyone have experience with adopting a chinchilla from a fur farm?
Our goverment recently banned breening chinchillas in our country that will be used for fur, so, some of the breeder are willing to give away animalce since they had to shut down business.

I'm, wondering how will an animal that lived in a small cage adapt to the new condition and new home, maybe another chinchilla buddy?

I wisited farm few days ago, almost all animals chewed their fur, most of them are females, they eat pellets and have a stone for chewing, I havent seen any hay in their cages.

Any suggestions on this subject?

Yeah, probably 250 or so. :) Chins are chins. Give them time, attention, and love and they'll be chins. If you want to get them a buddy, just remember that you always need to have a spare cage, just in case of fights.

iv never seen chins from a fur farm but iv dealt with some chins that were in less then ideal conditions. With enough time, attention, and probably a whole lot of patience, it is possible they will come around. Each chin has there own personality so each will react and respond differently.

Back