Im going on vacation for the Holidays and I have questions.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poofs

I live in Hawaii and I will be visiting my family on the mainland for three weeks. My chinnie, who I have owned for a year, will be staying at a reliable and experienced petsitter which turns out was quite expensive but my baby is worth every penny. Since I will be gone for nearly a month I am afraid my baby (Poofs) and I will not have the same bond when I return. Is this something I should worry about? Do chinchillas forget about you if you are gone for a long period of time?

This might be a stupid question but I was hoping to get some insight. My relationship with him is very important to me and I want to make sure that it will stay intact.

Advice Please. Thanks

He won't forget you, but he will give you the cold shoulder for awhile.
They have REEEALLY long memories and can hold grudges, he will come around if he decides to sulk.

I am glad that you asked this, Poofs! I have actually been wondering this myself! I may have to leave my little guy (Gizmo) for at least a few months and he will stay with my family no problem, but I have been worried that he will forget who I am! It would be so heartbreaking, coming back and realizing he has no idea who i am. But it seems neither of us have anything to worry about

chins do have good memories. My first chin i took in from my brother. He was not receiving the best of care and was so far beyond stressed out. Took a long time to calm him down and get used to a good environment.

But even after 6-12 months, if my brother stopped by, chico would notice and not be happy.

Back