bad week for my love

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizgig

My hedgehog will be 3 this March. I received her about 6 mo. ago. I live in Oregon and it has been snowing this week. The first evening it snowed my girl was in her room and it got cooler than usual. She attempted to hibernate. The next morning when I saw the snow on the ground I brought her into my room so I could warm all my animals in one room. I warmed her on my belly and put a heating pad under her sleep space. She moved to another sleep space, I believe, because it got too warm but that exposed her to cooler air so I am currently trying the heat pad wrapped in a blanket under her sleep space. She had become responsive and her tummy had warmed. But she is still not very active. She was on her wheel hardly at all in the last 2 days and not at all last night. Also she is not eating much, one or two pieces of food a day and very little water. Some, but very little. And lastly this morning I found a poop that was softer than normal and a little more green. Should I take her immediately to the vet or see if her stress goes down and the bile disappears from her stool?

Back