Cage For Two Chinchillas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

Hello! I'm a future chinchilla owner and I'll be adopting two chinchillas. Can I get cage recommendations big enough for two chinchillas? Preferably available on Amazon? Thanks!:)

Most people like the Ferret Nation type cages. I know they have them on Amazon, but I think you can find them elsewhere cheaper.

It's hard to say without a price range, but the best cages out there right now are the ferret nation and critter nation. You do need to make some modifications, like remove the ramps and replace or cover the plastic pans, but it's good size and easy to work with since the whole front is two doors. For two chins I would suggest getting a double unit ferret nation or critter nation cage, the single unit is technically big enough but doesn't allow them there own space (think siblings sharing a room). Ideally you want at least 8 cubic feet per chinchilla, that allows them to have enough space to get away from each other if they need some alone time, which can help avoid fights. The double units also allow you to quickly separate them into two cages if need be without having to get a second cage. You should always have as many cages or the ability to split the cage into as many cages as chins you have.

Back