How many sticks/twigs do you give per chin per week?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many sticks/twigs do you give per chinchilla per week?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2/chin per week

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 3-5/chin per week

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 6-9/chin per week

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 10-19/chin per week

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 20-29/chin per week

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 30-39/chin per week

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 40-49/chin per week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50+

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

MNChinLover

I am just curious to see if people give sticks/twigs weekly (or daily.. But the poll is weekly for those that don't give daily) per chinchilla and how much they are giving!

None
1-2/chin per week
3-5/chin per week
6-9/chin per week
10-19/chin per week
20-29/chin per week
30-39/chin per week
40-49/chin per week
50+

Last edited:
I picked 10-19

It really depends on what type of wood I decide to give. Since I'm getting low on apple, I try to give less of that. If I see they have chewed threw the sticks, I give more. Sometimes they chew them quickly, other times they don't.

I do a handfull each night for my chin too. Usually they all get chewed or pushed out of the cage. If I leave bark chewed sticks in they'll eventually get chewed, but so will shelves. If Yuki's got unlimited bark on sticks he leaves shelves alone plus he likes bark better. So probably 50+

Dessy gets an apple stick every day when I get home from work, and every so often she gets a second one later in the evening if she's already demolished her first. It's our routine now.

I give at the very least 3 a day to each chin. They probably get more out of my fiance everyday too.

Mine get 2-3 each morning when I get up to go to work. Sometimes more at night (although that's when they normally get a some sort of treat) They each have a skewer of wood that they can chew whenever. Plus all the ledges!

Back